We run an appointment ONLY system at all our surgeries. Our team of receptionists are here to assist you, and will give you any help they can. We aim to offer multiple access points with patients being able to choose how to access the practice, for example, we offer:
- Same day face to face or telephone appointments with a Doctor
- Pre-bookable face to face or telephone appointments with a doctor
- Same day face to face appointments with an Advanced Care Practitioner
- Pre-bookable face to face or telephone appointments with a MSK Practitioner
- A range of nurse led dedicated clinics for long term conditions
- Ability to book appointments 'on line' - see bottom of this page
- Use of 'Duty Doctor' to assess requests for acute medical problems that may require same day attention.
Morning surgeries tend to run from 8.30 - 11.00 am with afternoon surgeries usually running from 3.00 - 5.30 pm. In addition, there are also a number a early evening surgeries that run on a number of days during the week. Despite our best efforts it is not possible to run surgeries to exact schedules, our receptionists will always try to let you know if there is any undue delay.
Appointments for GP's based at our main site in Selby are a mixture of pre-bookable and same day appointments. The exact ratio is determined by Doctor availability and will differ greatly day-to-day. A percentage of these GP appointments are released at 6.00 am on the day for the same-day appointments and the pre-bookable appointments are released every Monday for 2 weeks in advance. Once these appointments have been utilised patients have the option of calling back on another day or speaking with a member of our duty team for an assessment, advice & an appointment later that day if clinically required.
When making your appointment the receptionist will ask you the nature of the problem, this is intended to ensure that an appointment can be made for you with the most appropriate clinician & avoiding any unnecessary delay In asking this question the receptionist is in no way 'being nosey' but is trying to determine the most suitable person for you to see at the earliest possible opportunity. This could be a Doctor, an Advanced Care Practitioner, a MSK Practitioner, a Pharmacist or a Practice Nurse. Calls may be recorded for training purposes.
If you cannot keep your appointment for any reason, please let us know, it can then be offered to someone else.
Patients who regularly/persistently fail to attend their pre booked appointment may be removed from our list